About the Scholarship
Entry Deadline: November 1 & May 1
To encourage students to take their music out into the community.
Students of any age or level of music study, who is studying with a Saskatchewan Registered Music Teacher.
Benefits to the Student & Community
- To give students recognition for sharing their music and encouraging a practical use for musical education.
- To take students out of the private music studio and their homes and into the musical community.
- To give students a greater awareness of how their music can be used throughout their lives.
- To give a student a goal to strive for, regardless of musical capabilities.
Musical volunteering ideas are not to be judged and might include:
- Playing music at care homes, hospitals, or shut-ins.
- Taking a senior citizen to a concert.
- Helping with musical programs in churches.
- Helping with extracurricular music programs at schools.
- Assisting a music therapist.
- As a piano accompanist for voice or instrumental or ensembles.
- Helping with various tasks at music festivals.
- Volunteering at concerts with such activities as helping with programs, staging, lighting, etc.
- Providing music at a senior citizen luncheon.
A special thank you to the British Columbia Registered Music Teachers for sharing this idea with us.
Individual teachers will be responsible for circulating the Record Sheets to students and forwarding the completed forms to SRMTA.
SRMTA Community Music Award
"*" indicates required fields
- 2022 Gold Award
- 2021 Gold Award
- 2020 Gold Award
- 2019 Gold Awards
Ekaterina Ilyasov, Kolby Zagoruy
- 2017 Gold Awards
Luke Shevkenek, Will Shevkenek, Kolby Zagoruy
- 2016 Gold Award
Emily Goring (Biggar)
Kolby Zagoruy (Biggar)
- 2012 Silver Award
Ben Cloutier, Swift Current
Marissa van Staveren, Kayla Gallinger, Nicole Wagner (North Battleford), Destiny Hammel (West Central)
- 2011 Gold Awards
Katja Meszaros (West Central), Kathryn Sarauer (East Central), Joshua Amendt-Moylan (East Central)
Kelsey Hammond (West Central), Jessica Carruthers (West Central)
Ben Cloutier (Swift Current)